WATCH: Teen physically confronted by adult at McDonalds sues after staff ‘did nothing to intervene’

In a distressing incident that occurred at a Southern California McDonald’s, the mother of a 13-year-old who was attacked is taking legal action against the fast-food chain and the alleged assailant. The lawsuit, as reported by FOX 11, targets both McDonald’s and Ariana Lauifi, relating to an event that transpired in September at the Harbor City restaurant.

Kassidy Jones’ mother, Angelina Gray, expressed her deep distress, stating, “I am heartbroken that my innocent daughter was beaten. McDonald’s staff and managers did nothing to intervene. They all stood and watched.”

The incident unfolded when Kassidy Jones and her classmates stopped at the fast-food restaurant on their way home from school on September 6. It was there that an unidentified woman cornered Kassidy and initiated the attack.

Witnesses at the scene recorded the brutal assault but did not step in to assist. The only person who came to Kassidy’s aid was a man who was reportedly accompanying the suspect.

Kassidy’s mother quickly called the police and rushed her daughter to the hospital. Disturbing images following the incident depicted Kassidy with swelling and bruises.

Kassidy confirmed that she did not know the assailant, who was later identified as 31-year-old Ariana Lauifi. Lauifi was taken into custody on September 28, according to FOX 11.

The McDonald’s location’s owner/operator, Tawnie Blade, expressed their concern and cooperation with local law enforcement, stating, “We were horrified to learn about this violent attack, and our thoughts are with Kassidy and her family. Employees called the police when the fight began, and we worked closely with local law enforcement to help with their investigation.”

However, the family’s attorney, Toni Jaramilla, argued that McDonald’s should have done more, emphasizing that the chain has a responsibility to offer a clean and safe environment for its patrons. Jaramilla stated, “Kassidy’s injuries could have been prevented, and she should have been given some form of help after the attack. This situation should have never happened.”